My heart sank when I heard the news of the school shooting in Newtown, Ct., this past week. Innocent lives snuffed out by a coward full of evil. Several thoughts have run through my mind since this senseless act.
1. The left [liberals] immediately used the killings to push for their ultimate agenda of taking guns out of the hands of the American people. Make no mistake, it will not end with a ban on assault rifles. We already have the greatest gun law in the Bible, "Thou shalt not kill."
2. The uniformed and Biblically ignorant are quick to blame guns, video games, and the mental health community. How about just recognizing that evil exists. This is a sin problem!
3. Satan is a murderer and the father of lies. He advances his agenda through demons and human agents [Lanza]. The spirit of the Antichrist and the spirit of lawlessness is at work in this world.
4. We live in a sin cursed fallen world. The effects of sin abound affecting the lost and the saved.
5. God has given man a free will to operate in the boundaries of his deadness.
6. We are not yet in the millennial kingdom where Christ puts down lawlessness and rules with a rod of iron. We are not yet in the eternal state [Rev. 21-22] where sin will not be present.
7. Children go to heaven if they die before the age of understanding good and evil [Deut. 1:39]. See my series, "What Happens to Babies who Die," on our church website under sermons- mytrinitybaptist.org
8. There is a great hypocrisy here by those who favor abortion. We certainly mourn for these 26 victims, but what about the close to 60 million innocent lives killed since Roe vs Wade.
Come Lord Jesus!