Hebrews 13: 20-21
These verses are a benediction of the writer to the Jewish Christian who were in danger of not going on to maturity in the faith.
The writer calls on God to make possible the outward working of the truth in the lives of His people.
1. We must have God’s power [vv. 20-21a]. “Make you perfect in
every good work.”
2. We must know His will [v. 21b]. “to do His will.”
3. We can’t please God in the flesh [v. 21c]. “Working in you that
which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ.”
What does this mean?
1. We contribute willing yielded-ness to the Christian life. Let God’s
power work thru us.
2. Because Christ does the work, He alone deserves the credit and
2 Cor. 9:10; Phil. 2:12-13