Read 1 Cor. 1:26-31 and let the Scripture speak. What can we learn from this passage as we let the Scripture speak?
1. Paul is contrasting the true wisdom of God with the false wisdom of the world.
2. God by his choice, has chosen the unwise, the foolish, and the weak according to the world's standard.
3. He chose these to confound the wise and that no flesh could glory in His presence.
4. Here we see the undisputable doctrine of election. God does the choosing in primarily calling the unwise, the foolish, and the weak according to the world's view.
5. God chose us first because we couldn't choose him because we were unwise, foolish, and weak.
Read Romans 9:10-21