Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The King and His Subjects

When a believing sinner trusts Christ as Lord and Savior, they are delivered from Satan’s power, moved into God’s kingdom, redeemed, and forgiven.

Colossians 1:12-14 “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us, meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”

The believer has been liberated by God from Satan’s kingdom and translated us into Christ’s kingdom.

1. Translated means “to change or remove” He caused us to
stand in a new kingdom.

2. Once translated, we can’t be translated back. We didn’t do
the translating.

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

3. A kingdom is a group of people ruled by a king. We are in
a kingdom under the care and authority of Jesus Christ.
The Father gave this kingdom to His Son as an
expression of his love for Him.

John 6:37 “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:44 “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

4. How do you get into this kingdom? You must be born
again, you must believe.